a multinational journal that presents criticism, commentary, and observations of contemporary global issues in an artistic format aimed to elevate the discourse of today’s minds.
- Is: mapping topographical data to piano key values in an effort to compose emotive musical landscapes.
- Reading: 21 Lessons for the 21st Century by Yuval Noah Harari and A History of the World in 12 Maps by Jerry Brotton.
- Joined fwwd: to compress the cultural & interdisciplinary boundaries of creative fields while mindfully learning from others.
Juris Flores (sivartextures)
- Is: exploring the relationship between cities and the visuals (particularly in El Salvador). Maps and collages are produced by researching/combining their urban characteristics to their environmental and socio-political context.
- Reading: ARE 5.0 Study Material.
- Joined fwwd: to further explore the socioeconomic factors that are reflected in our contemporary architecture and urbanism.
Abel Zatarain (aux-lab)
- Is: analyzing the narrative prosthetic devices of Game of Thrones (spoilers: Arya’s masks, Jaime’s golden hand, and Bran’s wheelchair).
- Reading: The Broken Spears: The Aztec Account of the Conquest of Mexico by Miguel Leon-Portilla & The Power of Art by Simon Schama.
- Joined fwwd: to engage the greater public in the discourses of technology, architecture, and design.
The AnnexIf you have a project that you’d like us to publish, feel free to send it our way. Submissions that are received outside of a Call For Entries period will be published under The Annex, if selected.
Content must be unpublished, including, but not limited to, poetry, short essays, photo, video, conceptual architecture, painting, digital, analog – whatever you feel is best suited for your expression.We look forwward to hearing from you!
UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, ALL CONTENTS OF THIS WEBSITE ARE LICENSED UNDER A CREATIVE COMMONS ATTRIBUTION-NONCOMMERCIAL-SHAREALIKE 4.0 INTERNATIONAL LICENSE. 2015-2019.